Saturday, April 22, 2017

Why this journey? Why Fitness, Food and OILS?

If you know me even a little, then you know that a topic on health, fitness, food, work outs, oils, and such the like are a typical convo for me.

FITNESS.

I have worked out since I can remember. ;)

Seriously, though.

Bike rides around the neighborhood. Long before parents worried too much about us littles. I would ride for hours and hours and my mom never had any clue where I would be and that was OK...back then. NO way my littles will be able to get away with this now.

Long walks around the neighborhood with my girlfriends.

Sports as a young girl and throughout high school.

Sometimes I even miss doing those 'killers' during basketball practice.

Sure, I might have wanted to throw up after, but I liked being pushed; the need to make myself work harder than I thought I could.

I was thought I would rather have Jillian as my coach vs. Bob on Biggest Loser, if you know what I mean.

Or running a marathon (again) - even after babies  - just to say "I could at 40". :)

Fitness is my world.

Exercise does a body good people!

My newest crave is YOGA.

So wish someone would have shared the benefits of this amazing practice with me years ago!

There are SO many wonderful benefits to fitness.

From improving our mood, bursting our energy levels, combating disease and SO much more! Read here if you are interested in learning more specifics: Exercise Does a Body Good

You can find me in the gym any given week.

Without it I feel less than "me".

True story.

AND FOOD.

Oh, my love/hate relationship with food.

I really do love food.

As a child, I never learned the good or bad with food.

Lets be honest with ourselves, there IS good AND bad there for sure.

Then there was the low fat and/or fat free era.

Boy did we do our bodies a world of hurt with that one!

I think it took me WAY into my adulting to figure out what really was GOOD or BAD.

Am I perfect here?

OH NO!

But, the important part is that I am conscious about it now.

I opt to buy TONS of fresh fruit in our home.

And we eat salad daily!

Small steps for bigger health gains for me and my littles.

Teaching them now what is GOOD and BAD. ;)

And, yes I do crave some yummy custard from time to time. :)

It starts at home...

And OILS.

Essential oils are organic compounds extracted from plants with emotional, physical and spiritual wellness benefits.

They are completely natural.

I heard of essential oils quite a few years back from a friend that actively used them.

I loved the thought of using more "natural" products in my home, so I asked her about them.

Slowly, I learned a little more about the oils, the amazing health benefits they provide, how they work and began using them for me and my family.

Transitioning to turning our home chemical-free, ONE OIL AT A TIME.

If you would like to read more about ESSENTIAL OIL BENEFITS just click here. It's an article by Dr. Mercola...he is full of wonderful advice on living a healthy lifestyle.

In the past I have used oils from various places.

But, after a lot of research, I decided on using ONLY Young Living Essential Oils.

There isn't a governing body that oversees oils, so how the oils are produced was my biggest factor. As you can see, there are tons of companies making oils, but PLEASE beware.

ALL oils are NOT created EQUAL!

If you want to ensure you are using oils that are PURE and GOOD and truly WORK...

Young Living farms has their SEED TO SEAL promise.

"From the time the seed is sourced until the oil is sealed in the bottle, YL applies rigorous quality controls to ensure that WE are receiving oils exactly the way nature intended."

Young Living doesn't outsource ANYTHING, so you can always be confident in their product.

They take heart in this and it shows.

Yes, it's a business, but seriously it is SO. MUCH. MORE.

These oils are LIFE-giving and LIFE-changing.

And that is my "why".

If you would like to know more about how oils can work for you and your wellness journey, please reach out to me.

I always LOVE talking about their amazing benefits for OUR lives and how to help you make your home chemical-free too!

Love,
Georgia

No comments:

Post a Comment