Tuesday, January 10, 2017

I started a JUICE FAST! Say what???

I did.

It's true.

Actually, my husband and I both did.

Why would we do such a thing?

Because we are a little crazy.

No, that's not the reason, although it might still be true. ;)

For cleansing, honestly.

Mind, body and spirit.

Remember how I mentioned in my last blog about balance?

Well, THIS is part of that.

We maintain our vehicles, we have to or they will most definitely break down.

Like regular oil changes and tune ups, right?

Why don't we maintain that for our lives too?

Like regular oil changes (aka: cleanses) and tune ups (aka: restarts)?

That is exactly what I am working on with this juice cleanse.

I have done cleanses before as I believe they are vital for good health.

But, this is the first time for an ALL JUICE CLEANSE.

I have been reading a lot about cleansing our bodies, eating good (aka: real) foods and the more I read, the more I was pointed in the direction of juicing / fasting.

And want to know a little truth?

I recently watched Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead and it was jaw dropping to say the least.

How one man who was all the above (fat, sick and nearly dead) changed his entire life through a juice cleanse/fast.

If you haven't watched it, I would encourage you to do so! Netflix has it! ;)

Through research, I stumbled across The Juice Lady and of course had to buy her book.

Reading "Juicing, Fasting and Detoxing For Life" after also reading "The Maker's Diet", led me to where I am now.

A JUICE FAST!

Those that know me, know we got a nifty Vitamix blender years ago.

We have gone in phases of blending over the past 6+ years.

And it IS so good for you too!

THIS, my friends, is a WHOLE NEW LEVEL.

We purchased a Breville juicer as a Vitamix doesn't juice (it blends the crap out of things though). :)


And so here we are on Day Four.

Day 4 of what is suppose to be a 10 day cleanse.

I won't lie, it is not easy.

I am enjoying some herbal teas along with the cleanse (and they too are SO good for us too!).


We are purposefully only juicing vegetables and low sugar fruits (much better for detox).

There are headaches and other pains that come from detoxing.

We tried ridding ourselves of sugar and a gradual decline of coffee to help alleviate some of those pains.

But, the pains still come...

I have been using quite a few Young Living oils to help with those aches and pains.

And let me tell, I am VERY thankful for them.

Topical blends for my head and other body pains.

In addition to many detoxifying baths.


To give you a little of the reasoning as to why a juice fast IS good for you:

Per Cherie Calbom in her above mentioned book,

"Juices are loaded with antioxidants and are also very alkalizing." (pg. 71)

"This is a safe and effective way to cleanse your body's internal organs, tissues and cells." (pg, 71)

"Fasting is energizing because you are resting your body from the work of digestion. Normally, about 30% of our overall energy expenditure is devoted to digestion. This energy can be used for healing, repair and restoration of your body." (pg. 72)

"Calorie restriction helps improve health and slows down the aging process. Smaller portions support digestive health." (pg. 140)

Sooooo...

The above shows you how good this can be for our BODIES!

Our MINDS are most definitely challenged during a clease/fast/detox.

You must push yourself to levels that you didn't know you were capable of before.

And the amazing thing is YOU DO!


And then there is SPIRITUAL.

The Bible is filled with verses on fasting.

It's a spiritual discipline.

Indeed it IS.

There are many different types of fasting, this just happens to be the one I am doing now.

For me, this is a time to dig deep into my soul, push my limits and be a happier/healthier me on the 'other' side.

I am taking this time to pray over certain things in my life, in my family's life...for guidance, for direction, for clarity.

I invite you to take a good look at your Mind, Body and Spirit today.

Is it where you would like to be?

If not, make a step to DO something to change that.

Love,
Georgia






No comments:

Post a Comment